Home Bans & Appeals
Welcome to the new Diaspora forums, please let us know if you see anything broken! Notice: Some users may need to reupload their avatars due to an issue during forum setup!

Ragetank

NormallyClosedSwitchNormallyClosedSwitch Registered Posts: 137
edited June 2011 in Bans & Appeals #1
NCSwitch: ouch
NCSwitch: Ra r u looking at the netgraph when u move your station
[ЯAGЭЯ]๖ۣۜЯagetank: yep
NCSwitch: u r moving a non-parented contraption
[ЯAGЭЯ]๖ۣۜЯagetank: Yes
NCSwitch: u never do that
[ЯAGЭЯ]๖ۣۜЯagetank: can you stop your btiching
[ЯAGЭЯ]๖ۣۜЯagetank: please
NCSwitch: no do, or u try to do things right, or u will be banned
DataSchmuck: can't set mining multipliers higher than 3
[ЯAGЭЯ]๖ۣۜЯagetank: Serouisly
[ЯAGЭЯ]๖ۣۜЯagetank: SHutup nc
I just want him to realise he's a dick and has to follow some basic guidelines. I'm always willing to explain the why and how. So I suggest a 24h ban
"...wait, this IS rocket science!!!"

Comments

• LtBrandonLtBrandon Registered, Administrator Posts: 507
    edited June 2011 #2
    I'll be honest, in that situation you both sounded like idiots. It normally goes better with people if your nice and try to explain before going into battle-mode. I don't think a ban is really needed in this case as a lot of new players act like him.
    This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

Lλmbdλ: donations for coding the space future of diaspora :>

Get your extra long EVE trial here!
  • SteeveeoSteeveeo Registered, Administrator Posts: 849
    LtBrandon wrote:
    I'll be honest, in that situation you both sounded like idiots. It normally goes better with people if your nice and try to explain before going into battle-mode. I don't think a ban is really needed in this case as a lot of new players act like him.

Edit: You post way too many ban posts.
    I am in agreement with LtBrandon on the first point. Immediately yelling at someone does not reciprocate into understanding. But, about the edit point, I don't see any other but the one thread started by NCS.

Causing lag of "unparented-station-magnitude" is a bit irritating, yes, but unless he does it constantly, it's not yet ban-worthy.

To RageTank, if he gets redirected onto the forums: please don't move things that are unparented, the HoverDrive entity lets you move unfinished and/or unparented things to new locations easily, without causing the massive lag and without causing cracks in the contraption that physgun moving would bring about; generally its better for everyone if you do it that way.
  • LtBrandonLtBrandon Registered, Administrator Posts: 507
    Oops I had a different person in my head, sorry about that edit. I was just about to fall asleep when I put the edit there.
    This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

Lλmbdλ: donations for coding the space future of diaspora :>

Get your extra long EVE trial here!
  • NormallyClosedSwitchNormallyClosedSwitch Registered Posts: 137
    I want to take back the ban request as we worked it out and it's fine.

One another hand, I'm suprised to see I'm seen as I tried to battle him. I told him the problem calmly and asked him to resolve it and I would've continue with the what and how to do it. Then his first reflex was to dismiss and tell me to shutup. The next thing I said in the chat was '-ok' and proceed on the forum, asking for a 24h ban, not a permaban, and I ask an admin to take a look at it.

I don't know what you find in there that make me look like a stupid kid... really, I don't get it. Maybe he made up for both of us.
    "...wait, this IS rocket science!!!"
  • SteeveeoSteeveeo Registered, Administrator Posts: 849
    Okay then, problem dropped.
This discussion has been closed.