Home General
Welcome to the new Diaspora forums, please let us know if you see anything broken! Notice: Some users may need to reupload their avatars due to an issue during forum setup!

How bout limiting ensign and cadet

NormallyClosedSwitchNormallyClosedSwitch Registered Posts: 137
edited July 2011 in General #1
Well I'm just tired of having to tell again and again to cadets and ensigns to DELETE their 20 hudge batteries, or their 20 windgen, or their 20 water pumps...

I'm not suggesting to limit anything else than common cadet mistakes: hudge batteries, windgen, waterpump, solarpanel, ressources caches

And limit them to 1! or 2...

Makes sens doesn't it?
"...wait, this IS rocket science!!!"

Comments

• Lambda217Lambda217 Registered, Moderator Posts: 534
    Why not just instruct them on the virtues of the Multiplier input, instead of yelling at them to delete their stuff? D:

"I want you to show this world what it means to fear the sky."
  • NormallyClosedSwitchNormallyClosedSwitch Registered Posts: 137
    I do! But why not limit their stuff too? 3 of each max?

What's the point of letting cadets be able to spawn more than 1 water pump? 2 maybe in extraordinary circumstances, but why allow them to spawm 10 of them?
  • KanzukeKanzuke Registered, Moderator Posts: 181
    If you tell them how to use mults, Even give them mouldy's E2, they will learn that they only need 1. Most people joining for the first time will usually be experienced in SB2, being why you don't see the hoverball/thruster container ships you may see on SB2 servers. And if these people are used to SB2, they will be used to LS2. LS2 had no mults, if you wanted more resources you made more generators. This wasn't a problem because LS2 had low-poly models. As they learn LS3, they will figure out how to use mults, but if you tell them earlier, they can cut down on entity spam.

Lambda217: oh oh i am kanzuke and i love my little pony and now i'll make all the brandonphysics myself cause i know fuckin everything because now i'll make a big pony fighter drone squad and a big fuckin portal ship and i am a fuckin idiot
  • Nielk1Nielk1 Registered, Administrator Posts: 252
    /me thinks of the mountain of indignant twits that flat out said NO when told that multipliers exist, how they work, and to use them.
    exaaaactly my point nielk and kanzu, exactly! Thank you!

If they can spawn only 1 pump, they will ask "huh why only 1 pump?" and then, I will be the first to teleport to him and say "HERRRO! Here, we use Multiplier! :D" and the matter will be closed(if we limit the ents mention above too)

And I (I say I but lotsa people do) wont waste 15mins (sometime way more) on the "delete your 20 pumps!" part

Simple as that, only common sens.
  • KamekaziKamekazi Registered Posts: 36
    I agree that there should be a rank based limit system, it would help prevent the 15 wind gens running 5 water pumps to cool 5 fusion gens kind of crap I keep seeing.but maybe not a limit of 1, but 3 or so instead so we don't discourage them into logging off before they can receive help.
    Could write a quick autorun lua that sits in the background and prevents the spawn of items beyond a certain count by the player giving them a notice to either 'try using multipliers' or 'play more hours before trying to do something complicated enough to need 3+ whatevers'.
  • slayer123456493slayer123456493 Registered Posts: 25
    my only concern about putting limitations in is that there are a few reasons you could need multiple of somthing, if you want to power any reasonably sized ship with solar and ramscoops you need alot (im not entirly sure about wether the env manage core scales recource req based on size) but you still need them to power weps. and with tacos e2 if you want to be able to fuel up on another planet it is quite easy to spawn 1 water pump at the very bottom of each pool on dif planets and simp;y fly over it to autofuel quickly. i wish there would be a way to regulate based on the number of pumps that you have on one planet and keep wind turbines and solar panels limit free because they dont have multipliers.
    Things that use multipliers are on the table here, not ram scoops.
    Sound nice
  • JohnSheppardJohnSheppard Registered Posts: 14
    I don 't think ensigns need limitations ,they have 20 hours and i believe they know theses things
    banner_87.png [SSSS]
  • AmaroqAmaroq Registered, Administrator Posts: 450
    I don 't think ensigns need limitations ,they have 20 hours and i believe they know theses things

You have noooooo idea how little you know in 20 hours. I've seen people with 50 hours who still do stupid shit.
    So humm, here we are, still telling people not to spawn 12 hudges batt! Still telling them about the multiplier on the pump! Still!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file