Home General
Welcome to the new Diaspora forums, please let us know if you see anything broken! Notice: Some users may need to reupload their avatars due to an issue during forum setup!

Minecraft Updated, Server Downtime

SteeveeoSteeveeo Registered, Administrator Posts: 849
edited May 2011 in General #1
Minecraft has just updated to 1.6.4, many new changes. The server will be offline while I get all the addons updated to this version.

Expect downtime until all addons are updated to work with the new version.

Comments

• Nielk1Nielk1 Registered, Administrator Posts: 252
    Oh, it has maps now? Or is that not yet?

Good thing we have more than 1 game in this community :)
  • SteeveeoSteeveeo Registered, Administrator Posts: 849
    UPDATE: http://forums.bukkit.org/threads/when-w ... 1-6.18714/

According to the above link, the Bukkit people are going to wait a day or so until Minecraft stabilizes out before releasing an official build for 1.6.4. There IS an unstable build for it currently, but this also means that nothing else is going to be updated for it yet (they tend to only make their mods work with the latest stable build). Unfortunately, this means the server is going to be down for about that long, maybe longer if the mods we use take time to be updated.

I have tested it with the unstable build, and MultiVerse is completely borked. It seems that a new Nether WAS generated, and Notch decided to make the folder named "MainWorld_nether" by default with no obvious way to change it. Also, Talon is pretty much unreachable, warping to it from the portal near spawn puts you in a hill, and any warps to it (including portals) just throw you to the same coordinate in the main world itself. I suppose that the Nether issue could be worked around by disabling the "allow-nether" setting in the options and letting MultiVerse handle it all, but as said before, MultiVerse does not work with the current build of Minecraft.
  • Nielk1Nielk1 Registered, Administrator Posts: 252
    I don't think there was much in our nether yet aside from 2 portal frames and a wall my brother started and then one of us is planning to tear back down (too close to nether spawn).

We can just use the new one if that is true since activating the portals should make the ones for the other side.

Do check if we have anything in our nether other than portals. If not, I vote to scrap it and use the new nether.
This discussion has been closed.