Home Bans & Appeals
Welcome to the new Diaspora forums, please let us know if you see anything broken! Notice: Some users may need to reupload their avatars due to an issue during forum setup!

Ban Appeal for [PGR]GalvazimGX

GalvazimGXGalvazimGX Registered Posts: 18
edited February 2011 in Bans & Appeals #1
Hi I dont know if this is the right board to post this but I was unfairly banned for talking behind an owners back. according to 100. he wanted me to type to him on what I said about fuhrball. I typed out what I said. I assumed that he lied about it (Didnt know he was deaf =( ). so 20 minutes later someone exploded me by the name of NeilK1 and I was banned for

"Speaking of fags, no faggots are allowed. you have been removed from the premises" I did not know that fuhrball was a furry and im sorry if I called him what I said. I asked my friend Ovary Puncher to talk to 100. he joined the server and asked him on why he banned me. he said to punch "I dont want to talk about it since you are his friend." and the next thing that happened is that he was kicked. he was afraid of coming back because he might get kicked or banned again

Aside from that I apologize for calling Fuhrball names. BMP is helping me cope with my problem with furries as Im afraid of them I realize now how he feels. I have a communication problem with autism and its hard for me to socialize with people that I dont understand.

Please forgive me

Galv

Comments

• Paper ClipPaper Clip Registered, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 87
    Sounds like it was rightful that he received a punishment. Derogatory homophobic and insulting the server owner should not be tolerated. But in the context of the comment, he really didn't mean it as derogatory. I think a reduced ban of a day or two would be appropriate. He really seems sincere and sorry and I have played with him on several occasions without trouble.
  • Nielk1Nielk1 Registered, Administrator Posts: 252
    I was told you were saying certain things but seeing as I could not see such things using the method of logging I had access to I tried to figure out how to privately ask other players in the game if this was going on. Trying to find an obvious way to test a message filter and for the sake of fun, I did a 0 damage splode on *, then ^PGR successfully finding the correct way to use the darn filters and then PGR again just because it felt wrong to do it unevenly. And the WTF was hilarious too. I figured if in the past Dubby had run a lua script to fly everyone off like rockets I could do a little splode with 0 damage. :roll:

Then, I sent a message to all players other than you asking if you were indeed doing what I was hearing and Furball appeared out of nowhere and banned you.

I frankly had trouble keeping up with all the text flying by in RCON as it was. I will have to write a filtering system for that.

And it is NIELK1. You got it right when you randomly tried to friend me after the thing.
  • GalvazimGXGalvazimGX Registered Posts: 18
    Niel. Im a little confused on what was going on. like I said I have trouble understanding on whats going on and it makes it confusing for me. so are you saying that I was really trolled or you were defending Fuhrball? No offense
  • Nielk1Nielk1 Registered, Administrator Posts: 252
    I was trying to ascertain if anything was actually going on and while trying to learn how to use the commands effectively to aid in learning such Furball came out of nowhere and banned you.

You will find I am the admin least likely to do anything compared to the others. I was contacted by one person that you were saying certain things in the Voice Chat but as I could not see that, maybe Furball could seeing as he did come in and ban you, I was trying to figure out how to correctly use the server console to ask specific people.
    Ah alright. so what am I suppose to do then. does the rules say no insults even in jest?
  • SteeveeoSteeveeo Registered, Administrator Posts: 849
    If I could have your SteamID, I will shorten it for the remainder of a week since you were banned. You seem genuinely sorry about this, but I wish to make it clear that derogatory remarks about ANY culture, lifestyle, race, or group will not be tolerated here or on the servers.
    STEAM_0:0:18102368

Thank you
  • SteeveeoSteeveeo Registered, Administrator Posts: 849
    You will be unbanned at 10 PM PST (-8 GMT) on February 11th.
This discussion has been closed.