Home General
Welcome to the new Diaspora forums, please let us know if you see anything broken! Notice: Some users may need to reupload their avatars due to an issue during forum setup!

Gm_galactic

agentmassagentmass Registered Posts: 14
edited February 2011 in General #1
Alright this is getting out of hand NO ONE likes this fucking map. Its on every damn time I join the server because I guess the server runs on a cycle and its always on when I get home from school! No one likes it so why not remove it or let some people do a votemap? I just asked who the fuck actually likes this map on the server and everyone said "Not me" Its laggy its small and its just not good. And why make it a map cycle? The people who can only get on after school ALWAYS have to play the same maps and it fucking sucks.

Comments

• the forcethe force Registered Posts: 36
    just stop bitching XD
  • agentmassagentmass Registered Posts: 14
    You do realize that there was 8 people on the server 10 mins ago when the map was not galactic and now that it is everyone left as soon as they got in? Who likes this map? Why is it on here? And fuhr I don't have to remind you how many times people have asked you to extend the time so they don't have to play on this horrible map. And nice intelligent response force.....
  • OneAndOnlyOneAndOnly Registered Posts: 38
    I agree with agent ...this map has little planets (not enough space) and the retarded spawn on the spaceship...
    Also might I add because of this map being on the only people who are on the server at the moment are me and two friends. EVERYONE else left there was 8 people on the server before the map change.
  • CarbustaCarbusta Registered Posts: 1
    This map has a terrible random spawn, and obviously the maker got lazy, because some of the "planets" are in the 2d skybox. Also, I agree, there is absolutely no room to build on.
    Something else I noticed, The reason I'm on this map so much is because when ever the server restarts the cycle starts from map one and gm_galactic is map two D:
  • SteeveeoSteeveeo Registered, Administrator Posts: 849
    1. It's random, not a cycle. When I implement the map weighting system I've been planning, there should be an ability to vote maps up or down, and maps frequently played will have less weight than those less played (more weight = more likely to be played).

2. This does not need two threads.

3. You complain a lot, agent. 7 of your 8 posts here (by my count, probably not 100% accurate) have been complaining about this map, and the other about stargate availability.
    Steeveeo wrote:
    1. It's random, not a cycle. When I implement the map weighting system I've been planning, there should be an ability to vote maps up or down, and maps frequently played will have less weight than those less played (more weight = more likely to be played).

2. This does not need two threads.

3. You complain a lot, agent. 7 of your 8 posts here (by my count, probably not 100% accurate) have been complaining about this map, and the other about stargate availability.

Well look at it this way. The map always resets onto gm_astria, The next map is always gm_galactic. See a problem? The server crashes by the time we are on galactic so we are always on it! "When I implement the map weighting system I've been planning, there should be an ability to vote maps up or down" Then why didn't you do it? And, Why complain about me making two complain threads? Just calmly read them and respond don't be all like "WTFBBQ YOU BE STUPID.". Also why not swich the maps around a little? Why not have galactic not be the 2nd map in the rotation.

People who hate this map.
    1.Dr. Jones
    2.Agentmass
    3.Lucky Guy
    4.Carbusta
    5.One and Only
    Should I keep going?
  • AmaroqAmaroq Registered, Administrator Posts: 450
    You don't seem to understand, Agent. It's not necessarily a Rotation. It's completely RANDOM. As in, there is absolutely no order in which the maps are selected.

You're just unlucky. There a bunch of maps for it to select.
  • Nielk1Nielk1 Registered, Administrator Posts: 252
    I know this is locked and all, but as an admin I can post here.

I just have to ask. Are we resetting the random seed every time the server restarts? Because if we are the order will be random, but it will also be the same random every time. We should seed the random with the server time milliseconds.

And to split hairs, there is no such thing as random, only unpredictable. And this is very predictable because even what I have seen has it the same every time unless a change was made recently.
This discussion has been closed.