Home Change Logs
Welcome to the new Diaspora forums, please let us know if you see anything broken! Notice: Some users may need to reupload their avatars due to an issue during forum setup!

Change Log for April 8-14

AmaroqAmaroq Registered, Administrator Posts: 450
edited April 2011 in Change Logs #1
    [*] [FORUM][FEATURE] - Added in Thumbnail Images ( ), Spoiler Text (
    ), and YouTube (
      [*] [FEATURE] - I completely removed the SB3 and LS3 from the server. This is the SB3 Addon, and LS3 Core, not the entities. Instead, the server now uses an addon called Environments. It has a lot more functionality than the original SB addon, including a much better looking HUD, and the ability to edit planet atmospheres on a map through a .txt file.
      In addition to this, virtually none of the lag caused by SB3 is present. I did testing for hours to see how well it performed, and it is extremely good. A great deal of the lag problems we had before are reduced substantially.
      Virtually all of the SB3 variable names and functions are the same as well. If you need to know the ones that have been changed, because there are a few, please contact me.

[/*][*] [FIX] - Various addons had some conflicts with this. Space_Combat was changed to accommodate for the new entities, and the GetVolume function was renamed to GetEntVolume, due to conflicts with an addon function. This was changed in Space_Combat.lua, and the init.lua of the ship_core_base entity.
      The Spacebuild E2 functions, specifically the ones that got atmospheric conditions, were also changed to accommodate the new functions, specifically the ones that got Air amounts.
      The mining addon was also adjusted for a few things, such as the new atmosphere entity names ("environment" and "star"), as well as a new variable name (Ent.sbenvironment is now Ent.environment, for those who know what this is).[/*]

Comments

• ZardianZardian Registered Posts: 88
        [FIX] Applied core detonation effect for fusion overheat. (temp fix, i dare not fiddle with the actual broken effect)
        [BALANCE] Laser Blaster energy cost reduced to 1200 and damage increased by 50.
        [BALANCE] Fusion steam generation reduced from .92 to .60
        [BALANCE] (frigate) Torpedo max speed reduced to 3500

[BALANCE] Spartan Torpedo energy cost reduced to 600k and metal cost of 10k (per missile) added.
        [BALANCE] Spartan Torpedo Ship damage raised to 60k, explosion to 20k and shield to 10k
        [BALANCE] Spartan Torpedo Missile build time changed to 60 seconds and delay between shots to 30.

[TWEAK] Rocket pod rocket model changed to models/Punisher239/punisher239_rocket.mdl
        ______________________________________________________________________________________________________
        the eternal pain in our beloved superadmins asses. Does stuff.
      • SteeveeoSteeveeo Registered, Administrator Posts: 849
        • [FORUM][FEATURE] - Added in the StopForumSpam automated spambot banning system found here, we shall see if this actually cuts back on spam registrations at all. This is the first time I've ever installed a mod on PHPBB3, so if something stops working, please let one of us know so we can fix it!
      • ZardianZardian Registered Posts: 88
        [BALANCE] The Core hp multipliers reduced back to 1, hull to 1.5
        [BALANCE] Fusion limit is now 4.
        ______________________________________________________________________________________________________
        the eternal pain in our beloved superadmins asses. Does stuff.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
      Emoji
      Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
      Drop image/file