Home General
Welcome to the new Diaspora forums, please let us know if you see anything broken! Notice: Some users may need to reupload their avatars due to an issue during forum setup!

Just Dropping By To Say Hello

Solzay DaxSolzay Dax Registered Posts: 2
edited April 2011 in General #1
Sup Guys?!

I have been feeling a little nostalgic about my time with McBuilds lately so I did a little digging and found some you guys here. I thought I'd drop by and say hello and let you know what I have been up to lately. I made the decision to put all things game and development related on hold about a year ago and I went back to school. I'm currently working on an Associates Technical degree in Computer and Network Information Security. It's going good and I can't wait to get all finished up and re-enter the job market. When that time comes, I fully intend to set time aside again to get back to doing some development in GMOD. I have some big ideas and hope I will get a chance to share them with you guys. As far as where I stand with the death of McBuilds, here's how I see it.....

I never really had any loyalty to McBuilds or John in the first place. My loyalty was to the community and as far as I am concerned John was never really much a part of the community and McBuilds was just a name. The community still exists no matter what you want to call it, and I still have loyalty to that community and hope to return to it soon. I miss all of you guys. That being said, I want to make full disclosure of something I have kept quite. I'm only mentioning it now because it may help some of you that have carried on the development of what used to be McBuild custom content. I still have a few full backups of the old server #1 and #2. That includes all the custom LUA and dupes. I obtained them back when I was helping Architect to try and revive the community by opening other servers. I know it's older stuff but if anything got lost in the shuffle I may have it. If the right people contact me and request it I can make it available but I won't just hand it to anyone. The right people people probably know who they are, so drop me a line.

Well, I'll wrap it up for now. I look forward to hearing from some you soon. Keep fighting the good fight .... or whatever kind of fight you can. I'll be around.

Comments

• SteeveeoSteeveeo Registered, Administrator Posts: 849
    Nice to see you again, Sol. Thank you for letting us know about the backups, but if you head to the servers, we actually have pretty much all of it up and running. Granted there are a LOT of imbalances and bugs still, as I am hung up on school, Dubby likes to sneak away and do other things, and Fuhrball appears to be hooked on Champions Online (so says Steam, at least), but its mostly there with a lot of new stuff too.
  • AmaroqAmaroq Registered, Administrator Posts: 450
    I've more or less beaten CO. Now it's random FPS's I've been wanting to play. XD If you need help with anything, however, you can ask. Typically people don't.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file