Home Tech Support
Welcome to the new Diaspora forums, please let us know if you see anything broken! Notice: Some users may need to reupload their avatars due to an issue during forum setup!

spastic chairs

JollyRodgerJollyRodger Registered Posts: 33
edited April 2011 in Tech Support #1
seems to be limited to the use of the parenting e2 might want to look into it.

Comments

• SteeveeoSteeveeo Registered, Administrator Posts: 849
    Explain better, please.
  • JollyRodgerJollyRodger Registered Posts: 33
    Build something, dupe it...now parent it...try to drive it..the chair goes nuts. bounces ect..
  • SteeveeoSteeveeo Registered, Administrator Posts: 849
    Chairs and vehicles CAN NOT be parented. To reduce bounce, weld the chair directly to your parent prop, make it weigh 1, and if it's grinding on the floor, nocollide right-click it.
  • KillerKiller Registered Posts: 69
    On that note though Steeveeo your parenting tool seems to brake every now and again it just stops working menu wont go away unless you delete the e2 this has happened twice (with me) now not to urgent but its odd oh and map changes fix it.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________________________
    As of this moment you and are have been declared TROLLS guess we better go found our bridge and beware those goats!
  • AmaroqAmaroq Registered, Administrator Posts: 450
    Use mine, then. I've never had it break. It works in a lot of the same ways, since it's based off of an older version of Steeveeo's. Check Tools folder for E2.
    Yeah thats it fuhr there is no "tools" folder there is steeveeos and my personal ones no others had a misunderstanding with neilk over this last night even with you ask around its not showing up
    ______________________________________________________________________________________________________
    As of this moment you and are have been declared TROLLS guess we better go found our bridge and beware those goats!
  • AmaroqAmaroq Registered, Administrator Posts: 450
    ...I see. Why is it not there? Did someone remove it?
    Thats what neky and neilk were trying to figure out they were thinking that maybe someone moved it or somthing either way, is it possible to renenable it?
  • Mouldy_TacoMouldy_Taco Registered, Moderator Posts: 133
    If it helps, I've been around a little longer than killer and I don't have a "Tools" folder either.
    "If this works, it'll keep us from getting' caught. If it doesn't, it'll keep us from gettin' old," -- MacGyver
    I know basic building techniques the issue is cockpits have been behaving oddly even ones that function normally on other servers are going bonkers on this server and im not the only one experiencing it either.
  • Alex4921Alex4921 Registered Posts: 139
    Technically you can parent chairs,you just end up getting out them at 0,0,0 (If you use an exit controller it crashes the server when you get out occasionally too)
    But yeah,no "Tools" folder here either(Re-Add it to to server?)
    The quieter you are,the more you are able to hear.
  • Lambda217Lambda217 Registered, Moderator Posts: 534
    Killer wrote:
    On that note though Steeveeo your parenting tool seems to brake every now and again it just stops working menu wont go away unless you delete the e2 this has happened twice (with me) now not to urgent but its odd oh and map changes fix it.

This issue seems to be more related to the Derma than the parenting. Use this quick fix I wrote, with it you can parent the ship by turning it on with a wire input.

http://pastebin.com/WTuzgTTn

"I want you to show this world what it means to fear the sky."
  • KatelynKatelyn Registered, Administrator Posts: 171
    Since when could you not parent chairs...? Does no one use easy precision anymore?
    Kate i use easy precision on every ship i fly..however it seems it might be part of the problem..the behavior of chairs appears to have become different on this server however it seems easier to call me a moron than to actually investigate..I will follow up once i have more information.
  • KatelynKatelyn Registered, Administrator Posts: 171
    I don't have any problem parenting chairs. If there is anything I can do to help with figuring out what is wrong let me know.
  • the forcethe force Registered Posts: 36
    my chair is spastic it also
    and i have the e2 tools
    Lambda217 wrote:
    Killer wrote:

This issue seems to be more related to the Derma than the parenting. Use this quick fix I wrote, with it you can parent the ship by turning it on with a wire input.

http://pastebin.com/WTuzgTTn
    Oh why thank you λ yay fix's are cool! :D

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file