Home Suggestions
Welcome to the new Diaspora forums, please let us know if you see anything broken! Notice: Some users may need to reupload their avatars due to an issue during forum setup!

Reserve Slot Removal/Recoding?

Thel1stlSnowGuyThel1stlSnowGuy Registered Posts: 13
edited April 2011 in Suggestions #1
This has been an issue, not only on the servers, but the Mcbuilds before Diaspora, and other server that run Ulx based reserve slots. For some reason, if a server is full and an admin or super is already on, the last slot is still only accessible by a(n) (super) admin. Now as I've seen some admin/supers have the Rcon meaning they can kick ppl remotely.

Honestly, here's the suggestions. One, you can decide to remove it completely because of the fact of RCon, or Two, someone (or some ppl) could recode it to kick in after checking how many admins are on the server (If none or less then set slots reserves, then it's on, otherwise it's turned off)

This is brought to attention after trying to get on regular 10 slot server with 9 ppl on, with (Super?) admin Nielk1 already using a slot, and yet dropped me as if no admin wasn't on at all..
jaxxr92.png

Comments

• SteeveeoSteeveeo Registered, Administrator Posts: 849
    I have not approved any ULX rSlot usage, and none of the other admins have notified me of putting it on. Back on McBuilds, I would always turn it off whenever I logged in.
  • Thel1stlSnowGuyThel1stlSnowGuy Registered Posts: 13
    Well apparently, someone turned it on as I get a ULX Reserve slot noticed when I join a near full server. I don't know what you what to do, maybe one of the others enabled it? But it's some glitches as far as I'm concerned right now. -shrugs-
    jaxxr92.png
  • AmaroqAmaroq Registered, Administrator Posts: 450
    I turned it on. 8 players is plenty on a server, and there needs to be a method for Moderators/Admins to get on the server.
  • Thel1stlSnowGuyThel1stlSnowGuy Registered Posts: 13
    Amaroq wrote:
    I turned it on. 8 players is plenty on a server, and there needs to be a method for Moderators/Admins to get on the server.

There isn't 8, there's 9 and even if an admin is on, no one else that isn't an mod/admin can't get on with 9/10 slots filled. I get about the admin/mods needing a method to get on, but last I checked that was what Rcon was for. And yes I do know that not everyone on staff has permission for the server's Rcon, but honestly the only ones I always see are Steeveeo, You (Furhball),and Mouldy_Taco, and Nielk1. But that's just me.

Also, being kicked out when I join when it's 8/10, which magically becomes 9/10 is getting annoying. I'm sorry if it seems that I'm ranting but this is getting annoying that I join when it's 8/10 filled and when I get kick and refresh, it's back up to 9/10... -_-
    jaxxr92.png
  • AmaroqAmaroq Registered, Administrator Posts: 450
    Along with that, Rcon doesn't show absolutely everything that is going on. Mic chats, player movements/actions (Such as throwing around a ship with a physgun,) etc. One thing we're working on right now is a Donation system of some kind, so we can actually have more servers for us to play on, instead of everyone crowding to a single one.
  • Nielk1Nielk1 Registered, Administrator Posts: 252
    If an admin needs in, they can KICK SOMEONE.
    These slots do not work as they are designed at all. If they were smart enough to see an admin in server and 'give him that slot' then it would be fine.

And on the note of rcon and me, before someone times to attack me with that too, MANY of you ahve seen me sitting there asking who *just* joined so I can kick them (if they are not a regular) to get in (and as a result they never know an admin kicked them) and 99% of the time I end up just sitting and waiting instead of kicking someone.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file