Home Bans & Appeals
Welcome to the new Diaspora forums, please let us know if you see anything broken! Notice: Some users may need to reupload their avatars due to an issue during forum setup!

Ban request: Eskir

Lambda217Lambda217 Registered, Moderator Posts: 534
edited April 2011 in Bans & Appeals #1
Was building on the server, Eskir announces he has to go, then decides to spam unfrozen dupes of his huge cruiser everywhere.
sb_twinsuns_fixed0038.jpg
sb_twinsuns_fixed0041.jpg
Mouldy Taco can confirm this.
SteamID: STEAM_0:1:19910369

"I want you to show this world what it means to fear the sky."

Comments

• EskirEskir Registered Posts: 23
    I didn't paste unfrozen dupes, I pasted dupes that had a parenting failure (you should really take out the multiparent tool btw)
    Seriously, I had way too much fail on that day. If you really decide to ban me, at least throw me my dupes....
    Besides, it was 2. 2 Dupes with maybe a total of 10 props. Is that really spam? It didn't even lag... besides, I would have undone them If I could (I had to clean them up all myself, but at least I did clean them up)

(..What I mean by all this, I am sorry and I apologize for what happened, but If you ban be, seriously, throw me my dupes)
  • SteeveeoSteeveeo Registered, Administrator Posts: 849
    These guys seem to be extremely quick on the draw for ban requests...really...

Eskir, if your ships are black holing like that, please undo them as fast as possible (right click with the remover if it's not the first thing in the list), do not leave it and spawn another. A black holing ship causes many physics collisions which then cause server lag, this is more than doubled by having 2 doing it (server strain seems to be an exponential curve in GMod, for whatever reason).

Please do not do this again.

And Lambda (as well as everyone else who posts ban requests for minor stuff like this, you know who you are), you don't have to default to a straight up BAN request for something like this. A request for reprimand is good enough.

Perhaps we need to change the name of this subforum to something a little less "black and white."
  • KatelynKatelyn Registered, Administrator Posts: 171
    I have a hangnail. I will get screen shots soon, but in the mean time please ban it.
  • EskirEskir Registered Posts: 23
    The ships weren't blackholing. They just fell appart.
    Aside from that, I surely won't do that again...
  • ZardianZardian Registered Posts: 88
    Unbanned as he apparently for some obscure reason got banned as i see no real reason for a ban on something like this, thanks and have a good day.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________________________
    the eternal pain in our beloved superadmins asses. Does stuff.
  • Lambda217Lambda217 Registered, Moderator Posts: 534
    Alright, I realize now it was petty filing a ban reason for something like this. Sorry for wasting your time.

"I want you to show this world what it means to fear the sky."

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file