Home Watercooler
Welcome to the new Diaspora forums, please let us know if you see anything broken! Notice: Some users may need to reupload their avatars due to an issue during forum setup!

Spacebuild 3 revival

DataSchmuckDataSchmuck Registered, Moderator Posts: 147
edited June 2016 in Watercooler #1
I got an e-mail last week notifying me about github changes and licence info because I guess I'm still listed as a developer due to my work on the Advanced Gyroscope. I checked it out and it looks like they are updating Spacebuild 3 and trying to bring it back into the spotlight?

https://facepunch.com/showthread.php?t=1519499

https://github.com/spacebuild/spacebuild

I know Diaspora is it's own version and has evolved way beyond the old spacebuild code, but I just thought this was interesting info.

Miss you guys!

Comments

• SteeveeoSteeveeo Registered, Administrator Posts: 849
    Yeah, Lt.Brandon was looking into that at about the same time, seeing if they'd like any of our fixes that we implemented over the years. I'ma say now that they can definitely have my optimizations of the planet checks, minus the core entity checks as that would be somewhat useless without the old combat addon.

I wonder if this means we can let people grab the Workshop SBEP now, as that post claims it's been put on there (and isn't several years out of date). That sure would expedite the download process as it would end up just being maps and the spawnlists.
  • LtBrandonLtBrandon Registered, Administrator Posts: 507
    Steeveeo wrote:
    I wonder if this means we can let people grab the Workshop SBEP now, as that post claims it's been put on there (and isn't several years out of date). That sure would expedite the download process as it would end up just being maps and the spawnlists.
    Honestly the only reason we don't already do this is because the workshop is horribly unreliable with SBEP. For some reason it seems to work perfectly for some, but not at all for others.

Also, if you get it from the workshop you can't actually find the folders related to the addon in the browse menu, so without a spawnlist containing literally everything people wouldn't be able to find some things.
    This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

Lλmbdλ: donations for coding the space future of diaspora :>

Get your extra long EVE trial here!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file