Welcome to the new Diaspora forums, please let us know if you see anything broken! Notice: Some users may need to reupload their avatars due to an issue during forum setup!
Change Log for November 10th - November 16th
Whoa, hey! It's almost been an entire YEAR since someone's posted a changelog! Let's fix that! I'll try to note down what I remember was done in the last year, but it's been a TON, so I'll limit it to the past couple of months. If I remember more, I'll post it below (so don't expect 100% chronological order here).
- [FIX] - Rewrote the ENTIRE Spacebuild3 environment check code. It was MASSIVELY slow as it checked every entity against every atmosphere once every second, regardless of actual atmosphere containment. Now, the code starts with the "smallest" environments (regulated climates), and moves on to planets and then stars, stopping when the entity is found to be inside something.
- [FIX][FEATURE] - Tied the above fix into the Core System. Cored entities will now be ignored by the environment checks, and cores will apply their environment to the entire ship at once. Spawning 3 Persephones (a total of 1800 entities) didn't even make the server blink, whereas on the old system you'd have stutters for about 0.5 seconds every second.
- [FEATURE] - Added the E2 function E:vehicleSetExitPoint(V). Works like the Exit Point Controller, but only takes relative vectors and does not get reset when the chip is removed.
- FEATURE - Added the runOnRDTick() E2 hook. Now you can run your chips at the exact same time as all your generators. Useful for resource management and display.
- [FIX] - Fixed Personnel Teleporters. No idea when or how these broke, but they're back to working once again.
- [FEATURE] - Added the Detail Prop tool. Left-clicking on a prop will turn it into a Detail Prop entity and Right-clicking will revert a Detail Prop into a normal prop. A Detail Prop does not render after a configurable distance, has simplified physics, hitbox, and is ignored by Spacebuild's environment check and Space Combat's damage/core calculations. Basically an ultra-lightweight prop that has no bearing on gameplay other than visual details. Because of this, you can have a maximum of 500 of these, go nuts.
- [FORUM] - Updated the MOTD to be more recent, streamlined, and overall easier to read. NOBODY SHOULD COMPLAIN ABOUT NOT KNOWING WHERE TO GET THE MODELS ANYMORE. The giant arrow and moving the one-sentence link to its own section near the top should see to that.
- [UPDATE][FIX][BALANCE][FEATURE][FREAKING EVERYTHING] - Space Combat 2.0 Beta has finally made its way onto Server #1. If all goes well, the quality of life on the server, especially for those who like to pew pew, should be DRASTICALLY improved. Read more here.
- [PLAN][FEATURE] - Space Combat 2.0 is not yet finished, we plan to add the Weapon Designer tool to the server when it's good and ready.
Post edited by Unknown User on