Home Suggestions
Welcome to the new Diaspora forums, please let us know if you see anything broken! Notice: Some users may need to reupload their avatars due to an issue during forum setup!

Ultra Hardcore!

hadleyrhadleyr Registered Posts: 51
edited September 2012 in Suggestions #1
Now, I think I have mentioned this before (well, I know I have), but have not gotten it writing it down as an actual suggestion. So here goes.

What is Ultra Hardcore?(UHC)

Well, I'll try and explain it here, but for more detail, try either of these:
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/1008473-131-xxxhardcorexxx-mod/ Stock/Vanilla
http://dev.bukkit.org/server-mods/ultra-hardcore/ Bukkit!

In UHC, you lose health, you lose it. No full food bar is going to help you. Only a golden apple or a health potion will give you your hearts back, and even then, they are much harder to get hold of than before.

Golden apples have been made more expensive - 8 gold ingots rather than 8 nuggets (if you make the gold blocks version, then more power to you!) - while health potions have been given a similar treatment. No more nuggets for glistering melons! You'll need a gold block and a melon slice for your glistering melons, and even then, is it even worht the effort?

As far as death is concerned, that mostly depends on the way the server wants them to. The only eample i can give (and most logical) is that once you die, you log out, as your contribution has ended.

As for how to use the mod, that is again variable. The first time the mod was played, it was a co-op fight to kill the Dragon, with people dying and leaving as they do, however, the more popular, and most interesting is a highlander style, last man standing PvPvE fight to the bitter end.

Personally, I think a highlander style would be more fun, however there are two problems. Firstly, this could take us up to (or over) three hours to whittle down to the winner, and second, we'd want a reasonable number - at least six, for good fun, but 8 or more would be preferable.

Anyway, if anyone is interested, could they please sign this list in the comments, and then we can see about organising dates and times and such.

Interested:
hadleyr

Undecided:
Steeveeo
[minecrafthead]hadleyr[/minecrafthead] -h.

Comments

• SteeveeoSteeveeo Registered, Administrator Posts: 849
    I would not be against hosting this if there's interest. Mark me as "Undecided" for participation, though. I may just sign up as a judge.

EDIT: I can possibly set it up to have the people who die get set into the Essentials "Jail" mode, where they cannot interact with blocks nor attack players, so as not to exclude those who die early from the festivities.
  • LtBrandonLtBrandon Registered, Administrator Posts: 507
    It could be interesting, but I would rather prefer that it is kept to either a separate world or a separate server. So if it is confined to one world(LIKE THAT NEW TALON WORLD STEEVEEO WAS GOING TO GIVE US MONTHS AGO) then I'm fine with it, but otherwise I'd much prefer that it doesn't get installed.
    This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

Lλmbdλ: donations for coding the space future of diaspora :>

Get your extra long EVE trial here!
    LtBrandon wrote:
    It could be interesting, but I would rather prefer that it is kept to either a separate world or a separate server. So if it is confined to one world(LIKE THAT NEW TALON WORLD STEEVEEO WAS GOING TO GIVE US MONTHS AGO) then I'm fine with it, but otherwise I'd much prefer that it doesn't get installed.
    If I did run it, I'd take down one of the other servers first. My server has got resources, but not THAT many resources.

Also, I'm waiting for Mojang to stop updating the world generator every danged patch before introducing the "new Talon" (which will predominantly be jungle this time around).
  • Ded10cDed10c Registered Posts: 136
    Interested.

This would likely best be done on a UHC-specific world though, generated with bedrock walls at a certain distance, with players scattered after initially meeting at spawn.
    AHadley wrote:
    Interested.

This would likely best be done on a UHC-specific world though, generated with bedrock walls at a certain distance, with players scattered after initially meeting at spawn.
    Sounds a bit like The Walls with some extra specifications; also would not be against hosting that map.
  • Ded10cDed10c Registered Posts: 136
    Depending on your settings, the UHC mod changes the generation rules a little - by my understanding at least - so that a bedrock wall is generated at a certain radius from spawn. Helps stop people running away :P It also has the scatter command, which drops players around the map randomly, and a radial scatter, which drops them all randomly, at a certain distance from the center (probably not as good, since players are more likely to end up closer together).

Still, with proper use of skype calls alongside the game, this could work out really fun if it goes ahead. Especially since there are some utter survival novices amongst us (*cough*)
This discussion has been closed.