Home Tech Support
Welcome to the new Diaspora forums, please let us know if you see anything broken! Notice: Some users may need to reupload their avatars due to an issue during forum setup!

Server Connection Issue

Gamecube64Gamecube64 Registered Posts: 3
My game crashes near the ending phase of sending client info on both build servers and the test server. It could be some kind of networking issue because every other server i join works just fine.

Comments

• SteeveeoSteeveeo Registered, Administrator Posts: 849
    This appears to be caused by the latest Team Fortress 2 update. I was getting this on my local development client and ended up bypassing the crash by unmounting TF2 from Garry's Mod.

Specifically, it appears to be caused by some new particle effects in TF2. Our gamemode pre-loads all PCF particle effects, which is probably why it was happening during load on our servers.

We recommend unmounting Team Fortress 2 until Garry's Mod is fixed to not crash while loading those effects. We will be looking into a way to bypass these troublesome PCFs in the loading code so as to allow players to use TF2 props without crashing.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file