Home Help and Tutorials
Welcome to the new Diaspora forums, please let us know if you see anything broken! Notice: Some users may need to reupload their avatars due to an issue during forum setup!

Screen Shake Help

micmoumicmou Registered Posts: 6
edited April 2013 in Help and Tutorials #1
Hello I was wondering if there was a way to eliminate the screen shake. When walking around the spaceship for example. I have the hull built on the space ship and whenever i walk around in it it shakes the screen back and forward. I know about parenting but that no collides with everything so you cant walk around i have tried welding to super heavy prop with small weighted props but nothing seems to work what are your suggestions.

Also I am new here but not to Spacebuild. Been playing it for a while on my computer. Was going to hop on the server when my ship is done. If it is parenting that fixes it. I was hoping for a proper parenting tutorial.

Comments

• rocketstrongrocketstrong Registered Posts: 1
    did you have it freeze when you get out of the ship
  • SteeveeoSteeveeo Registered, Administrator Posts: 849
    The shaky screen issue is caused by the client trying to predict your movement across props differently than what's happening on the server. One thing you can do to alleviate this, if you don't mind a bit of input latency, is to set "cl_predict 0" in console.

If the props are physically moving you around, however, try toggling the physics of your ship off and back on with Precision Tool's "Apply Settings" mode, or just nudging your ship up and back down by a bit. Both of those seem to help, in my experiments.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file