Home Suggestions
Welcome to the new Diaspora forums, please let us know if you see anything broken! Notice: Some users may need to reupload their avatars due to an issue during forum setup!

Evolve

xX Lord Anubis XxxX Lord Anubis Xx Registered Posts: 170
edited December 2012 in Suggestions #1
I know there was another thread and that was shutdown. I will now make my point and list a few reasons.

Evolve is a lot like ulx, the commands are similar and from what I understand plugins are very easy to write and incorporate into it. Why don't we just give it a trial run for a bit, see what the other staffers think of it? I have had a bit of experience with it, and I also saw that the menu for setting limits and blacklisting things was very straightforward and easy to use, and was quite easy to make and add new ranks. This may be different in Gm13 or may not even exist at all anymore, but could we please try it? It's something new and would capitalize on us trying to redesign the server, and with ASSmod and Ulx being quite old tools many people are familiar with and evolve being fairly new, what harm could trying something new have?

I'm just saying we give it a trial run. We don't even have to host it on both servers, just one to let staffers mess around with it for a while.

Thoughts?
Every Human Being has some capacity for evil. It's just that some Humans have a greater capacity for evil than others.

Comments

• LtBrandonLtBrandon Registered, Administrator Posts: 507
    I know there was another thread and that was shutdown. I will now make my point and list a few reasons.

Evolve is a lot like ulx, the commands are similar and from what I understand plugins are very easy to write and incorporate into it. Why don't we just give it a trial run for a bit, see what the other staffers think of it? I have had a bit of experience with it, and I also saw that the menu for setting limits and blacklisting things was very straightforward and easy to use, and was quite easy to make and add new ranks. This may be different in Gm13 or may not even exist at all anymore, but could we please try it? It's something new and would capitalize on us trying to redesign the server, and with ASSmod and Ulx being quite old tools many people are familiar with and evolve being fairly new, what harm could trying something new have?

I'm just saying we give it a trial run. We don't even have to host it on both servers, just one to let staffers mess around with it for a while.

Thoughts?
    Used it before, also gave it a trial for gm13, the answer is no. It was an issue discussed multiple times already.
    This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

Lλmbdλ: donations for coding the space future of diaspora :>

Get your extra long EVE trial here!
This discussion has been closed.