Home Development
Welcome to the new Diaspora forums, please let us know if you see anything broken! Notice: Some users may need to reupload their avatars due to an issue during forum setup!

The Big Bad List of Things!

LtBrandonLtBrandon Registered, Administrator Posts: 507
edited June 2013 in Development #1
So, people have been asking me for this since I first mentioned all the things I intended to do with GM13, and I said I would do it a long long time ago. So here it finally is, the big bad plan of doom.
  • Space Combat 2
    This is probably the biggest thing on my list, a lot of you know rumors and such about it. I'm taking on the big bad Space Combat addon and tearing it apart. When I'm done it will be almost completely different.
    • Completely revamped cores, change their attributes, and mod them on the fly!
    • New weapons, build from a preset library, or hell, make your own damn shooty shooty pew pew boom!
    • Design your own weapons.
    • Design your own core mods.
    • Make new projectiles from the many combinations available.
    • Many balancing issues fixed, these should have happened a very long time ago.
    • ECM, Cloaking, and general stealthy douchebaggery are now going to be supported fully!
    • Shiny new effects!
    • Menus!
  • Mining 2.0
    This one is a biggy, it involves such things as gas cloud mining, weapons development using different minerals, and a whole economic system! Here are some of the main points for this one:
    • Everyone will rely on miners for resources to fuel their war efforts.
    • Weapons will no longer be free to develop, you will require resources to create prototypes.
    • New types of asteroids.
    • Gas miners.
    • Custom Gas Systems 2 implementation.
    • Store resources across sessions!
    • Buy and sell ship duplications on a global market!
  • Faction Warfare
    Another big one, this is one thing I know a lot of people are waiting for eagerly. Let us unleash the hell that is war upon the world, and not get blown up by the big bad BA super death cannon of doom(TM)
    • Share weapons and core mods between your faction buddies!
    • An ever expanding market, go on trade runs between factions, or hunt them if that's your game.
    • Climb the ranks of your faction for access to the main faction battle server!
    • Diplomacy by force your thing? Organize squads for assaults against enemy forces, destroy ALL the things!
  • Loot n' Pillage
    I figured this would go along with our other ideas, pirates and salvagers will be able to loot and pillage all ship wrecks!
    • Ships will turn into wrecks!
    • Loot all the dead scum!
    • Pillage, rape, and murder your enemies as a pirate!

That is all for now, I'll be adding more to the list soon though!
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

Lλmbdλ: donations for coding the space future of diaspora :>

Get your extra long EVE trial here!

Comments

• Lambda217Lambda217 Registered, Moderator Posts: 534
    ECM, Cloaking, and general stealthy douchebaggery are now going to be supported fully!

super hyped

"I want you to show this world what it means to fear the sky."
  • Lambda217Lambda217 Registered, Moderator Posts: 534
    Also, gotta ask: How are you going to prevent people from buying a dupe then giving it out to all their mates for free?

"I want you to show this world what it means to fear the sky."
  • LtBrandonLtBrandon Registered, Administrator Posts: 507
    Lambda217 wrote:
    Also, gotta ask: How are you going to prevent people from buying a dupe then giving it out to all their mates for free?
    Probably a flag on the duplicated props that prevents them from being modified by tools n' shit after they are spawned. Would effectively prevent all tools from touching the entities of the ship depending on how I do it.
    This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

• KanzukeKanzuke Registered, Moderator Posts: 181
    edited November 2012 #5
    LtBrandon wrote:
    [*]Climb the ranks of your faction for access to the main faction battle server!

Is there going to be a server only the elite of each faction can access?

Lambda217: oh oh i am kanzuke and i love my little pony and now i'll make all the brandonphysics myself cause i know fuckin everything because now i'll make a big pony fighter drone squad and a big fuckin portal ship and i am a fuckin idiot
  • Mouldy_TacoMouldy_Taco Registered, Moderator Posts: 133
    I'm pretty sure that's what he meant, that's what I inferred the first time I read it.
    "If this works, it'll keep us from getting' caught. If it doesn't, it'll keep us from gettin' old," -- MacGyver
  • NinjrKillrNinjrKillr Registered Posts: 175
    Kanzuke wrote:
    LtBrandon wrote:

I read that as being once you join a faction, you have to climb the ranks of it to reach a specific rank so that you're able to join the faction battle server.

Hmm, Brandon: I'm mighty tempted to add the feature to Factions for the fLeader to be able to administrate their own rank list - reordering, creating, changing, deleting, setting-to-be-minimum-for-faction-battle-server. Thoughts?

"We fear that which we cannot see... we respect that which we cannot see... thus the blade will be wielded."

Urahara_Bleach_Signature_by_Harty73.png
    NinjrKillr wrote:
    Kanzuke wrote:
    LtBrandon wrote:

I read that as being once you join a faction, you have to climb the ranks of it to reach a specific rank so that you're able to join the faction battle server.

Hmm, Brandon: I'm mighty tempted to add the feature to Factions for the fLeader to be able to administrate their own rank list - reordering, creating, changing, deleting, setting-to-be-minimum-for-faction-battle-server. Thoughts?
    Its on my feature list already, faction leaders will be able to select a rank at which people are allowed to access the factions server. Though I won't be opening the faction battle server until the Faction Warfare update is completed, so if that changes you'll find out when it opens.

Also, the first two updates that I intend to push out will be Mining 2.0 and Space Combat 2, for some-what obvious reasons.

You should send me the Faction feature list, and I'll look at working on them once I move into my nice-shiny-unlimited-internet-flat. I trust you haven't completely broken what we made at the start of GM13? :P

"We fear that which we cannot see... we respect that which we cannot see... thus the blade will be wielded."

• xX Lord Anubis XxxX Lord Anubis Xx Registered Posts: 170
    Fix ALL the things, while Garry breaks ALL the other things.
    Every Human Being has some capacity for evil. It's just that some Humans have a greater capacity for evil than others.
    LtBrandon wrote:
    Lambda217 wrote:
    Probably a flag on the duplicated props that prevents them from being modified by tools n' shit after they are spawned. Would effectively prevent all tools from touching the entities of the ship depending on how I do it.
    I know it's necro, but.... dupe .txt files can easily be copied, and any restrictions in the file removed by hand :)
    Every Human Being has some capacity for evil. It's just that some Humans have a greater capacity for evil than others.
    LtBrandon wrote:
    Lambda217 wrote:
    I know it's necro, but.... dupe .txt files can easily be copied, and any restrictions in the file removed by hand :)
    Have you tried to read an adv dupe 2 file by hand? :P

Besides that your client would NEVER see the dupe file anyways :twisted:

'Noobis:

For a dupe to be pasted on the server, it must be uploaded - therefore no one can edit anything we do to it serverside (say, apply certain restrictions, etc). So therefore with selling a copy of a ship as a dupe, we're not giving them the file - we're selling them the ability to spawn that ship, and never be able to edit it.

Definitions:
    Edit:

Be able to touch it with any tool that changes anything on the ship. This includes anything like E2, color, etc.

NinjrKillr wrote:
    'Noobis:

For a dupe to be pasted on the server, it must be uploaded - therefore no one can edit anything we do to it serverside (say, apply certain restrictions, etc). So therefore with selling a copy of a ship as a dupe, we're not giving them the file - we're selling them the ability to spawn that ship, and never be able to edit it.

Definitions:
    Edit:

Be able to touch it with any tool that changes anything on the ship. This includes anything like E2, color, etc.
    You don't know what I'm doing inside of that feature either, you might not want to talk :P

Hey people! Just thought I would give you all a progress update, as its been well over a month since the Garry's Mod 13 move. Best way to do this is probably to just post the original list of stuff with a bunch of status markers, so thats what I'm going to do.
    • Space Combat 2
      This is probably the biggest thing on my list, a lot of you know rumors and such about it. I'm taking on the big bad Space Combat addon and tearing it apart. When I'm done it will be almost completely different.
      • Completely revamped cores, change their attributes, and mod them on the fly! - Mostly Done
      • New weapons, build from a preset library, or hell, make your own damn shooty shooty pew pew boom! - Waiting on GUI/Particle work
      • Design your own weapons. - Waiting on GUI/Particle work
      • Design your own core mods. - Mostly Done
      • Make new projectiles from the many combinations available. - Mostly Done
      • Many balancing issues fixed, these should have happened a very long time ago. - Mostly Done
      • ECM, Cloaking, and general stealthy douchebaggery are now going to be supported fully! - Mostly Done
      • Shiny new effects! - This is going to be a continued effort, but I'd like atleast 5 of each type of basic effect before release.
      • Menus! - Fuck you menus!
    • Mining 2.0
      This one is a biggy, it involves such things as gas cloud mining, weapons development using different minerals, and a whole economic system! Here are some of the main points for this one:
      • Everyone will rely on miners for resources to fuel their war efforts. - Mostly Done
      • Weapons will no longer be free to develop, you will require resources to create prototypes. - Mostly Done
      • New types of asteroids. - Done
      • Gas miners. - Done
      • Custom Gas Systems 2 implementation. - Done
      • Store resources across sessions! - Mostly Done
      • Buy and sell ship duplications on a global market! - Mostly Done
    • Faction Warfare
      Another big one, this is one thing I know a lot of people are waiting for eagerly. Let us unleash the hell that is war upon the world, and not get blown up by the big bad BA super death cannon of doom(TM)
      • Share weapons and core mods between your faction buddies! - Waiting on something
      • An ever expanding market, go on trade runs between factions, or hunt them if that's your game. - Waiting on something
      • Climb the ranks of your faction for access to the main faction battle server! - Waiting on something
      • Diplomacy by force your thing? Organize squads for assaults against enemy forces, destroy ALL the things! - Waiting on something
    • Loot n' Pillage
      I figured this would go along with our other ideas, pirates and salvagers will be able to loot and pillage all ship wrecks!
      • Ships will turn into wrecks!
      • Loot all the dead scum! - Waiting on something
      • Pillage, rape, and murder your enemies as a pirate! - Mostly done

As you may have noticed, a lot of stuff is at the almost completed point, and that means it will probably be pushed to the server very soon. Mining 2.0 is being released some time in the next couple of days along with some bug fixes in various addons.

• SteeveeoSteeveeo Registered, Administrator Posts: 849
    You guys are making a valiant effort to get me to come back and play, but I am unfazed!

Well...ok, maybe a little.
    Steeveeo wrote:
    You guys are making a valiant effort to get me to come back and play, but I am unfazed!

Well...ok, maybe a little.
    Well lets see.. besides this stuff there is probably a hundred other things on my todo list, but that is waiting for later, then there is fuhrball's career system, <ramble about how much other stuff isn't on this list>. :lol:

• Mouldy_TacoMouldy_Taco Registered, Moderator Posts: 133
    i-has-a-happy_bigger.jpg
    "If this works, it'll keep us from getting' caught. If it doesn't, it'll keep us from gettin' old," -- MacGyver
    Hey figured I would show you guys what the mining market gui will look like, its almost ready to be put on the server!
    file.php?mode=view&id=65&sid=9f7d4decdf7d4b56a2c86988b323ba6b

LtBrandon wrote:
    Hey figured I would show you guys what the mining market gui will look like, its almost ready to be put on the server!
    file.php?mode=view&id=65&sid=9f7d4decdf7d4b56a2c86988b323ba6b
    comment.
    There was more gui work that I remembered, dear lord this is going to make me go crazy. On a side note mining is actually a thing now, and when I wake up I'm going to start public tests.
    A491FAF4C16C29FC2CB91C3E87D727CF33EEC8A8
    D721DACC07F5D23613B1970714FCD56D56F062C5

• orrilaorrila Registered Posts: 3
    edited November 2020 #22
    snip
  • CoupezCoupez Registered Posts: 26
    How are all theses addons doing ? do you have an updated list ? :)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file