Home Bans & Appeals
Welcome to the new Diaspora forums, please let us know if you see anything broken! Notice: Some users may need to reupload their avatars due to an issue during forum setup!

Regarding the player "Puff Machine"

The_Wizard_GherkinThe_Wizard_Gherkin Registered Posts: 3
edited December 2012 in Bans & Appeals #1
Having recently joined this server, I was helping out fellow newbies on building a Ship. I was talking to another player (Hatacunz) about using resource pumps when the alleged person, Puff machine noted that I was using O2 generators on the spawn planet and stated that it was "Bad for the planet". I attempted to press for reasons and then he got aggressive, firing explosive props at my resource network, killing me and destroying much of my resource network too. (http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =112412199)
I feel that this action was in direct violation of the rule
"No violence allowed on the spawn planet",
But that wasn't the full extent of his misdemeanors.

Having told him to stay away from my ship, me and the aforementioned player Hatacunz went to explore the map. However, he tagged along in an extra seat and managed to make a game out of controlling my ship with what I can only assume was wire. I told him to stop that, but he persisted. I attempted to undo his work but he seemingly took amusement from my struggles to regain control of my creation. I eventually left the server due to his rude and non-inviting behaviour (considering he's no stranger to this server) and would like due action to be taken against his person for this horrible experience.

Comments

• LtBrandonLtBrandon Registered, Administrator Posts: 507
    First of all you put this in the wrong section of the forums, and I have now moved it to the correct section. I would like to say that what he told you is actually correct, as if you use gas compressors you can, and eventually will, cause the planet to run out of air. While barrels are usually harmless to everything I will go talk to him about why he decided to bombard you.
    This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

Lλmbdλ: donations for coding the space future of diaspora :>

Get your extra long EVE trial here!
  • The_Wizard_GherkinThe_Wizard_Gherkin Registered Posts: 3
    Thanks for explaining, I can't believe he had to go ahead and do that instead of just saying. Bit new to these forums, sorry for posting in the wrong place.
  • SteeveeoSteeveeo Registered, Administrator Posts: 849
    LtBrandon wrote:
    First of all you put this in the wrong section of the forums, and I have now moved it to the correct section. I would like to say that what he told you is actually correct, as if you use gas compressors you can, and eventually will, cause the planet to run out of air. While barrels are usually harmless to everything I will go talk to him about why he decided to bombard you.
    While what he said was true, in essence, he really did not explain the dangers of gas pumps on spawn. In my opinion, if what The_Wizard_Gherkin said was true, this level of harassment is quite a bit too much for a simple mistake.

Also, how exactly did he gain control of the ship? Did the Prop Protection bug out or something?
  • Lambda217Lambda217 Registered, Moderator Posts: 534
    He was having a bit of fun with the Advanced Pod Remote Controller a few days earlier, we may need to check if that's working with PP.

"I want you to show this world what it means to fear the sky."
  • xX Lord Anubis XxxX Lord Anubis Xx Registered Posts: 170
    Considering this is the second or third time someone has mentioned having a problem with Puff, I think someone should actually do something about it this time other that "talk to him" about it. Seriously.
    Every Human Being has some capacity for evil. It's just that some Humans have a greater capacity for evil than others.
  • OverloaderdaveOverloaderdave Registered Posts: 87
    even worse, hes on constantly and uses his killing e2s exclusively. mainly he just stands there and kills poeple for what I have seen- excpet when hes making a cloaked walker... with a gun to kill poeple.

mostly he gets fun out of killing poeple who spawn the annoying workshop dupes of lag.
  • LtBrandonLtBrandon Registered, Administrator Posts: 507
    even worse, hes on constantly and uses his killing e2s exclusively. mainly he just stands there and kills poeple for what I have seen- excpet when hes making a cloaked walker... with a gun to kill poeple.

mostly he gets fun out of killing poeple who spawn the annoying workshop dupes of lag.
    Uh the normal garry's mod duplicator is super admin only on both servers unless someone decided to change it.. Also, slight bit of necro there, I have still yet to see puff doing a lot things reported about him, and most players seem to like him. I'm just going to lock this thread as I haven't seen any evidence against him besides the OP.
    This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit.

Lλmbdλ: donations for coding the space future of diaspora :>

Get your extra long EVE trial here!
This discussion has been closed.