Home General
Welcome to the new Diaspora forums, please let us know if you see anything broken! Notice: Some users may need to reupload their avatars due to an issue during forum setup!

"Google [Bot]" explain?

KillerKiller Registered Posts: 69
edited April 2011 in General #1
I see this "Google [Bot]" on quite often and I would love to know whats up with it is this a person is this an actual bot or are you guys stacking teh fourms with bots? If it is a bot than thats its functionality? Does it clean your virtual room in a hidden topic of these fourms? So yeah whats up with that? Oh and if your a person mr "Google [Bot]" than please care to post here :D Again thanks for your time and reading you all have a good day!
______________________________________________________________________________________________________
As of this moment you and are have been declared TROLLS guess we better go found our bridge and beware those goats!

Comments

• Mouldy_TacoMouldy_Taco Registered, Moderator Posts: 133
    From the other forums I've been on, Google [Bot] is responsible for placing the advertisements mid-topic for guests browsing the forums.
    "If this works, it'll keep us from getting' caught. If it doesn't, it'll keep us from gettin' old," -- MacGyver
  • Paper ClipPaper Clip Registered, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 87
    Naw, I don't think it has anything to do with advertising (since there are no advertisements here!). I think it is just a data mining google bot, creating the website cache for search results. But I could be wrong?
  • KillerKiller Registered Posts: 69
    You guys are win thanks for the quick response! Thats pretty cool I never really thought how Google got its information haha quite brilliant.
    ______________________________________________________________________________________________________
    As of this moment you and are have been declared TROLLS guess we better go found our bridge and beware those goats!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file